Mean/Dispersion Tests - Form
The Mean/Dispersion Tests routine performs numerous one and two-sample tests of means and variances. Both independent and dependent tests are available. Confidence intervals are displayed for all means, standard deviations, and correlation.
Clicking the button sends output to the Mean/Dispersion Tests Output Form.
- File provides the ability to Print the Graph and Text, or return to the Main Form.
- Edit allows Editing Output Text by cutting, copying, pasting, and undoing entry, and provides the abililty to Copy the Graph to the Windows Clipboard.
- View: Provides the ability to enlarge the Form size for easier viewing.
- Help provides access to this Website.
Mean/Dispersion Tests Speed Buttons
- These buttons provide quick access to the following tasks.
- Returns to the Main Form.
- Opens a Data File.
- Displays the Data Editor.
- Displays the T/F Output Form.
- Copies text to the clipboard
- Enlarges/Reduces Form size for easier viewing.
- Brings up the Main Form.
- Pastes text from the clipboard.
- Brings up this Help file.
- Hides the form.
For single sample tests, enter the hypothesized value here. If this value is zero, only the confidence interval will be displayed.
Hypotheses for Means
Hypotheses for Variances
Degrees of freedom Calculations
- Standard performs standard calculations to determine degrees of freedom
- df from MSE requires the degrees of freedom be entered (df(s)) that were used to generate a standard deviation, typically from another analysis such as an ANOVA.
- Sigma Known assumes sigma is known and performs z-tests instead of t-tests.