z Score Calculations - Form
The z-Score Calculation Form performs z-Score calculations upon entry of a Mean, Standard Deviation, and X value or Area. The z-Score and the proportion (displayed in proportion, percent, parts per million, and parts per billion) above and below X or the value corresponding to the upper-tail area entered, for a normally distributed population, will be displayed.
The z-score is calculated by the following formula.
- File provides the ability to Print the Graph and Text, or return to the Main Form.
- Edit allows Editing Output Text by cutting, copying, pasting, and undoing entry, and provides the abililty to Copy the Graph to the Windows Clipboard.
- View: Provides the ability to enlarge the Form size for easier viewing.
- Help provides access to this Website.
These buttons provide quick access to the following tasks.
- Returns to the Main Form.
- Prints the Graph and Text.
- Copies the Graph to the Clipboard.
- Copies the Selected Text to the clipboard.
- Enlarges/Reduces Form size for easier viewing.
- Brings up the Main Form.
- Brings up the Help file.
- Hides the form.
Enter the population Mean here.
Enter the population Standard Deviation here.
Enter the X-value of interest here.
Decimal Place Change
Changes the number of decimal places, from 0 to 9. Change may be made by selecting and typing in the number, or by using the incrementing buttons.
Performs calculations and displays output.
The calculation output is displayed here when is clicked. You may save, print, edit, cut, copy, and paste text in this area.
The distribution graph is displayed here. The tail areas will be shown in Red. Double clicking on this graph will copy it to the clipboard.
The Area may be input or output as a proportion, percent, parts per million (ppm), or parts per billion (ppb) when selected.
Area or Value
Select if an area or value is wanted for output.
Check this to enter or find only z-scores.