A Website Development Framework
The MVP Framework is a PHP-based website development and management framework with a content management system.
Lightweight and Flexible
|Example Site Files||72K|
A Framework for Developers
This framework is specifically targeted toward developers, allowing a flexibility far beyond common content management systems. The controller of a standard site is only about 30 lines long. Adding simple modifications will allow an incredible amount of flexibility.
- Small Size
- No database is required, uses the file system
- Multiple “sites” can be on one domain. Simply create a new folder and load the folder with a new controller, content, and configuration files. Then use a common library.
- Creating pages is simple, because you only need to worry about the content for that page
- Standard HTML templates are used with codes used to swap in content
- The standard controller is only 30 lines, and is very easy to modify. For example, add translations, create virtual pages, add classes, add special content, etc.
- A complete CMS is included which allows you to edit a site from anywhere
- The system was developed for programmers, and makes it easy to use PHP within page content, add helper files, or include classes.
- Uses mod_rewrite, which gives increased security, and does not require extensions on file names, and gives flexible query strings. Query strings can use ‘;’ delimiters and do not require a ‘?’
- File archive system is built in
- Easy to create, copy, or delete pages
- Using ‘/AJAX/filename’ flags the system to know a page is called in AJAX mode
- ‘P-filename’ flags the system to know that you want a print version of a page
- Site-wide templates may be used, or each page may use its own template