What's New in MVPstatsFree Upgrade!
Updates in Version: 20120906
- Added Autocorrelation
- Prevent MVPstats Main Form from moving off screen
- Removed values when run items were missing
- Fixed black background showing on chart slide-bars in Windows Aero display
Updates in Version: 20110223
- Fixed merging of columns and rows in Crosstabs when using text variables
Updates in Version: 20110205
- Added display of X-position in addition to Y-position when mouse is over Control Chart points
- Added Proportional fit to Scatter plot (a linear fit with 0 intercept)
- Command line now allows quotes around file name
Updates in Version: 20110117
- Now use Nullsoft installer, and no longer require separate upgrade and install versions.
- Allow $-sign and commas in data.
- Error trapped Lin-Mudholkar Normality Test calculation.
- Fixed error in EMS calculations, which affected nested designs.
- Fixed output of extra commas in Chart Information.
- Removed capability calculation from Control Chart Info when user-defined limits are set.
- Fixed error in display of Probability Plot when missing specifications.
Updates in Version: 20100420
- Fixed Correlation Matrix selection error.
- Fixed minor formatting and display issues.
Updates in Version: 20100308
- Fixed minor formatting and display issues.
- Fixed installation issues.
Updates in Version: 20100130
- UTF Characters now used. Greek characters used in forms and output. Non-English characters can be used in data
- Commas now shown in numerical output, and may be used in input
- New Appearance
- Complied with Delphi 2010
- Cpm calculation was incorrect in Explore Custom calculations.
- Changed precision in Frequency Plot interval size variables to match histogram
- Trapped Error in Single Measurement Systems Analysis
- Fixed import/paste of variable named "e" to not think it was a number
- Confidence intervals were inaccurate with less than 50% confidence
Updates in Version: 20071215
- Capablity graph did not expand when form was enlarged
- Capability Plot did not correctly calculate Raleigh curve value for a given tail-area
- Capability Plot distribution analysis affected Control Chart analysis for Capability Measures
Updates in Version: 20070724
- Added ability set distribution parameters in Capability/Performance & Distribution Analysis
- Variable names can now use spaces
- Use more accurate p-values algorithm for Anderson-Darling A2* values < 0.63
- Added file name to title bars in Control Charts and Capability plots
- Pasting dates caused extra columns to be generated
- Reading of file with spaces in names caused problems
- Observed proportion in distribution analysis for Johnson Distribution had wrong values
- Charts did not have right side displayed
- Crosstabs reset when no data was present and when using manual entry
- Control charts and capability plot hidden when data changes
- Fixed Raleigh(low) curve display in Capability/Performance & Distribution Analysis
Updates in Version: 20070117
- Added ability to use data variables containing text
- Added Crosstabs
- Added Measurement Systems Analysis for both Interval/Ratio and Nominal data
- Added Capability/Performance & Distribution Analysis, with non-normal distribution fitting
- Added Find and Replace in Data Editor
- Added Count and Mode to “Add Variables” from Sample Data
- Added Add Case Numbers in Data Editor;
- Added Transpose Rows/Columns to Data Editor
- Added Weight Cases to Data Editor
- Added text-size zooming with Control key and Mouse Wheel
- Add Variables to file adds blanks for Range, Standard Deviation, Variance when n less than 2
- ANOVA Sample Size calculation was "Levels" changed to "Effect df+1"
- Poisson Confidence Intervals exact formula used – changed from iterative method
- Compiled with Delphi 2006
- Help files moved to this Website
- Removed Lambda P-values from Correlation Matrix
- File Modifications did not add to Scatter plot
- Restored Connect Lines in Control Charts
- Fixed Descriptions tab in Data Editor from not adding when adding transform variables
- Save forces saving any changes in Descriptions tab in Data Editor
- Fixed Sample Size for Proportion, Estimate created False Error saying it needing Beta
- Fixed Variables Chart showing "Mean Moving Range" instead of "Average Moving Range"
- Proportion Sample Size did not allow zero critical values
- Fixed entry of Confidence in Correlation tests, gave error when inputing values besides dropdown list
- Poisson Test confidence interval output was fixed at 4 decimal points, for single sample
- Proportion sample size started with one sample but had P1 and P2 instead of P0, and P1
- Trapped error in incomplete beta for b=0 and a=0, used in internal calculations
- Variables Chart - Range only charts did not scale correctly (plotted missing values)
- Fixed Plot specs, would show specs on wrong variable when missing some variable specs
Updates in Version: 20030514
- Added Correlation Matrix
- Added Sample Size to Plots
- Demo changed to 30-day free trial
- Cpm calculated using (USL-LSL)/6/SQRT(Sigma2 + (Mu-T)2) from Cp/SQRT(1+((Mu-T)/Sigma)2)
- Improved accuracy in calculation of Median standard errors for control chart limits
- About box now links to website
- Demo Expired notice linked to website
- Control Charts do not connect lines across sets
- Pasting data into Descriptions, fixed to not extend rows
- Hypergeometric distribution did not print proportion for last entry in certain conditions
- Changed Font on Capability form
- Trapped zero alpha and beta in sample size calculations
- Turn off regression in scatter plot when opening new file
- Confidence in Explore was not reset when form activated
- Inserting columns did not insert in Descriptions
- Fixed "Process If" reset, Help button was missing
- Location Control Chart Centerline would not use the Median
- Fixed Data Editor from displaying "Missing" or "Process If" highlighting in Descriptions tab
- Variables Chart Setup: Changing Sample Variable did not change display in Centerline combobox
- Added ability to enter zero for Variables chart user-defined limits
- Set printout on Control Charts printed extra large
- Pasting a column of strings in Data Editor Descriptions only pasted first value across multiple columns
- Moving Range now does not generated across sets
Updates in Version: 20020504
- When selecting New or reading a New File, an option is given to cancel the operation instead of just saving the file, if the file has been modified
- McNemar's group titles were reversed. Group1 was on top and Group 2 on the side. This was changed to Group 1 on the side and 2 on top.
- Control Chart point text is now cleared with a new file
- Transforms are cleared with new file
- Added "(using sigma estimate)" note to Variables Control Chart Information output for Capability estimates
- Fixed z-score, exponential, and test statistics font resizing with form resize
- Fixed roundoff error in Kurtosis calculations above 5000
- Fixed Icons on Exponential Tool Bar
- File did not save description information when description information was added to an existing file without descriptions
Updates in Version: 20020317
- Added Variables Control Charts: Mean, Median, X, Range, Std Dev, Variance, MR
- Added Statistical Control Test Selection
- X-Chart removed, replaced by X and MR in Variables Control Charts
- Attributes Chart uses Control Test Selections
- Attributes Chart displays point information with cursor over point
- Attributes Charts can add point information to individual points
- Zones option added to Attributes Charts
- Control tests now show all points involved in a violation
- Attributes Control Limit information changed to give 5 significant digits.
- Control limits for range chart solve for numerical entries above 30 (previous table limit). d2 tilde table extended to 30 and solves for values above.
- Added one and two-sample tests: Sign and Wilcoxon Signed-Ranks test for Location, Wilcoxon- Mann-Whitney test, Two-sample Median test, Two-Sample Sign test, Wilcoxon Signed-Ranks Test, and the Spearman Correlation
- Clicking on Title brings up the Title Edit form
- Least Significant Difference (t-test equivalent) added to Plots
- Natural Tolerances drawn as a Normal distribution(s)
- Point information obtained by placing cursor over points
- Added Dispersion Tests to Oneway (ADM(n-1), Levene, Bartlett-Box-F)
- Added Std Dev output to Oneway Random Factor analysis
- Added Krusal-Wallis option to Oneway
- Added Oneway "clear before display" check box
- Oneway form made resizable
- Added Speed Button from Oneway to Plots form
- T/F Tests renamed to Mean/Dispersion Tests
- Changed Mean/Dispersion standard deviation entry to be "sigma" when "Sigma Known" is selected
- Fixed Decimal change outputting only standard deviation instead of variances
- Fixed Variance Hypothesis from showing when Sigma known selected
- Added Kappa statistic for Agreement
- The default data file was made to be "*.mvp"
- Data files can now contain variable descriptions including specification information
- Data Editor added Variable descriptions including specification information
- Data Editor pasting of column names replaces spaces with underscores and now requires names to be tab delimited
- Added Automatic Recode option
- Added Generate Run Numbers as a separate option
- "Add Transform Variable" removed and added to the Transform selection
- Adding transformed variables can now create a new variable or modify an existing one
- "Generate Dispersion Data" moved to the Data Editor and called "Compute Variables from Sample Data." This routine also performs the across row computations of statistics, formerly in "Add Transformed Variable."
- Added Combinable Distributions to "Compute Variables from Sample Data" used for combining multiple groups into an equivalent distribution
- Added Rank Variables option to "Compute Variables from Sample Data"
- Referenced variables use a more efficient algorithm that does not search between gaps for faster access
- Delete columns/rows from data editor with autoscroll gave an error message when at the end of the file
- Fixed back tab from added a new column when moving from second to first row
- Added r2 to Correlation test output
- Default made the One-sample Correlation Test
- Added 4th and 5th Order Polynomials to Scatter Curve Fitting
- Added "Process If" to menu
- Added Point information when mouse over point
- Added Decimal Place selection for r2/Curve Fit Equation
- Scatter Plot does redraw when Process If hotkey pressed
- Added natural tolerance to Histogram
- Added "All" (combined data groups) to output of statistics
- Fixed "find n out of spec" in custom statistics
- Corrected spelling of pseudo (was psuedo) in custom statistics
- Added "Check for Updates" to the Main Form - Help menu
- Can cancel "close" if file changed when closing MVPstats
- Fixed z-score from giving a 0 area above a -8.6 z value
- Added Form ability to maximize or minimize Form size for easier viewing
- Added Font Increase/Decrease to various forms
- Added Home Speed Button to bring up the Main Form
- Added Icons to menus
- Poisson Tests renamed Poisson Rate Tests
Updates in Version: 20010319
- Added Attribute Control Charts
- Remembers last directory used when opening a file
- Added "Pooled Variance" option to Confidence Intervals and Natural Tolerance for Explore and Explore Plots
- Added Tukey Critical Mean Difference to Explore Plots
- Added option to not connect dots on X-chart
- Colored Out-of-control Points Red in X-chart
- Compiled with DElPHI 5.0
- F4 hotkey to Data Editor in Oneway was not operational
- Trapped fractional number entry in EMS n entry (spinedit)
Updates in Version: 20001128
- Added ADM(n-1) test for dispersion to t/F tests, a more robust test for dispersion when distributions are non-normal
- Added sample size to Scatter Plot
- Added line thickness change buttons to X-chart, Scatter and Plots
- Added slider to widen Box, Mean, Standard Deviation, and Natural Tolerance plots
- Added ability to change label sizes of titles in all plots
- Added Coefficient of Variation to Custom Statistics
- Changed colors on Custom Statistics selection to be more readable
- In t/F tests, if hypothesized mean is blank in One-sample mean test, only the confidence interval is output
- Detail change in Print Preview of graphs was not changing appearance
- Fixed lower exact control limit calculation for c and u charts was coming up negative, when approximate LCL was negative
- Pseudo-Standard deviation constant was 1.34897905, and is changed to 1.3489795
- Fixed error in confidence intervals for proportion with large sample sizes
- Trapped error in binomial routine with large sample sizes
- Variance was not calculated when the standard devations was zero. This affected the OnewayANOVA and Custom Statistics calculations.
Updates in Version: 20000702
- Added Button on Main Menu to view open forms with selection to "Hide All Forms."
- Added F6 hot key to view the Main Form from any form.
- Added a status bar to bottom of Explore Form to view variable
selections and file modifications.
- Enabled resizing on all Open and Save Dialogs.
- Added Confidence Intervals for Means, Standard Deviations, and Variances to Custom statistics in Explore.
- Added Parameter Estimate sample size to Sample Size routines.
- Added Binomial display option for "r" or "proportion."
- Added percent, proportion, ppm, or ppb display and input option in z-score routine.
- Increased accuracy of z-score calculations. Accuracy should be near 20 decimal places for
accurate display of ppb and display up to z of 8.6
- If Po is zero in One-sample Proportion test, only the Confidence Interval is generated.
- An error is displayed if Oneway has no Within Variation or a Single or no groups are found.
- In T/F test, one-sample variance, when s0 = 0, only Confidence Interval is output.
- Explore "Conf" had Alt-F as a shortcut and could not select File.
- Shapiro-Wilk trapped for sample of size less than 3.
- When p = p0 in binomial test, gave p-value of 0 instead of 1.0.
- Explore form is updated when Process If change is made.
Updates in Version: 20000320
- z-score enhanced to find value as well as area.
- z-score and Exponential added option for percent or proportion.
- Added flexibility for site license customers running product from a network.
- Transform Error gives descriptions in warning dialog and resets Explore form and output.
- Poisson Distribution test changed to be a two-tail test.
- Fixed Explore resize from putting tabs on bottom of form when reducing size.
- For calculations that alter a working data set, such as the calculation of a moving range the random number generation is reset so the original values return. For example, during simulations of a control chart the values used for the limit calculation are now the same as will be plotted.
Updates in Version: 20000201
- Version display changed to use 8 digits starting with the year 2000. Continues to use Year, Month, and Day for identification.
- Serial Number now displayed with "-xxxxxxx" to remind users that the complete serial number is not displayed for privacy.
- Fixed Custom Statistic Calculations for -4s to 4s.
Updates in Version: 991206
- Updated memory management to increase computational speed, noticeable with very large files sizes.
- Increased the recent used file recall from 5 to 9.
- Plots in Explore default set to Box & Whisker with Outliers.
- T/F Confidence Interval for Group 2 mean was using standard deviation from Group 1.
Updates in Version: 991115
- Critical Mean Difference:
- Studentized Range now calculated to give CMD for Tukey other than 0.05.
- Added Bonferroni and unprotected t-test to CMD
- Added Median, Mean, Standard Deviation, Variance, and Range to Generate Dispersion Statistics
- Added "Paste" Speed Button to all appropriate forms
- Omega-squared in Oneway and variance in T/F use '²' instead of ^2
- Checks for file saved when pressing "X" button on Main Form
- Removed T/F tests 'file:' when no file name is present
- Fixed t-test when n2=0 and dependent, did not perform conf interval for group 2
- Fixed Scatter plot display for values in 0-1 range
Updates in Version: 991011
- Corrected error in T/F-Tests where values would not be updated if Enterkey was pressed during editing of values.
Updates in Version: 991001
- Added Shapiro-Wilk Test for Normality, found in Explore Normality Tests.
- Added the default option to remove median values when generating Absolute Deviation from the Median for dispersion testing. Improves robustness of the tests to nonnormality, giving better control of Type I error.
- Data Editor Add Transform Columns now adds Run Numbers.
- Histogram now has an unlimited number of intervals (was 1024)
- Double-clicking on the Histogram, Plots, Scatter diagram, or X-chart copies the graph.
- Pressing the F9 or Enter key on the Explore form recalculates statistics. Useful for simulations using random transforms.
- Can now enter blank user-defined control limits for X-Chart to omit limits.
- Two-sample Poisson Rate test changed from a chi-square statistic to z statistic, which is mathematically equivalent.
- Background removed from MVPstats icon.
- Anderson-Darling statistic changed to A²* from A^2*
- Fixed program errors with F test statistic display.
Updates in Version: 990725
- Added 'Copy Column Names' and 'Copy Names and All Data'
- Added Uniform, Normal, Exponential Random Transforms
- Control - Left, Right, Up, Down Arrows in Data Grid move to End and Start of text in rows and columns
- Maximum Data Columns increased to 512 from 256
Explore Custom Statistics
- Color Coded Custom Statistic Selections
- Changed MAD to MD(Med) and added MD(Avg)
- Added Percentiles
- Added Interpolated Median, useful for low resolution data
- Added Sum
Histogram sample size displayed on top of plot
- Added MVPstats(x) to Main form Caption when opening multiple copies of MVPstats
- Improved resolution of Test Statistics, Exponential, and z-Score graphs for copying and printing
- Added ability to Generate Dispersion stats with one column
- Added File Name to Explore title bar
- Added ability to regenerate Hist, Plot, and X-chart w/Enter key, useful when using Random Transforms for simulation purposes and demonstrations
- Run charts can fix Y-Axis with Centerline Only
- Histogram Default Interval size set to Minimum(n/100+10,20)
- Quartiles calculations changed, Q1:(n+2)/4 to (n+1)/4, Q3:(3n+2)/4 to 3(n+1)/4, now matches Percentiles
Updates in Version: 990604
- Added WEB site access from Main Form Help menu
- Remembers location of Main Form upon closing
- Added natural tolerance, and capability measures to custom statistics in Explore
- Minimize columns widths option in Explore
- Hide all graph windows when file or Explore selections reset
- Moved Set Specifications to Edit in Explore
- Added point size slider to X-Chart
- Added Centerline Only limit option for X-Chart/Run Charts
- Added ability to set 1st interval
- Set Histogram scale to match displayed bars
- Added Relative Frequency scale option
- Added ability to set 1st interval in Frequency Plot
- Compiled with DELPHI 4.0
- Moved Scatter Plot point size slider to Toolbar
- Frequency Polygons drop to zero at ends
- Normal Curve made smooth and displays +/- 3s
- Fixed capability calculations for one-sided specs, added NT to Capability routine
Updates in Version: 990415
- Added "Known Standard Deviation" as SPC Control Limit Calculation option
- Added recall of Last Titles when graph titles are begin edited
- Fixed BW/Color in Plots
- Fixed update of variables with Add Transform Column
- Fixed Display Help Contents problem on NT systems
Updates in Version: 990215
- Added Scatter Plot
- Added ability to Edit Titles in Charts
Updates in Version: 990105
- Added Natural Tolerance range, NT (6s) to Explore
- Added F8 Hot Key to Process If
- Renamed One-Sample Std Test to Variance Test
- Corrected Expected Mean Square output when random nested factors were in model
Updates in Version: 981016
Generate Dispersion Statistics
- Rewritten to now add output directly to Data Editor
- Smart decimal place output is used and no longer needs selection
- The new variable name may be edited before generation of output
- Added option to display control limit information directly on the X-chart
- Added option to display Data File Modifications on all charts
- Added option to input specifications and use these specifications in Chart displays (as in
Use smart decimal place output in Add Transform columns in the Data Editor.
Now check for modified data file before exiting the program.
Renamed BKBox to Generate Dispersion Statistics
- Fixed scale problems that sometimes output only a single value in graphics
- Fixed restore scale on unzoom in Histogram
Updates in Version: 980924
- Added Mean, Std Dev, and X-value to z-score output
- Confidence Intervals for Poisson Rates made available for zero counts
- F3 replaced F2 to Open New File, so F2 could be used to access editing cells in the Data Editor
- Directional t-test p-values were 1-p, when t was positive
Updates in Version: 980918
- Added Correlation Sample Size Calculations
- Added Function Keys for quick access:
- F2 : Opens a New File
- F4 : Brings up the Data Editor
- F5 : Brings up the Explore Form
- F11 : Brings up the Next Visible Form (Forms not hidden)
- F12 : Brings up the next Open Form
- Added option to exclude incomplete pairs in T/F Test calculation of statistics
- Data Editor now checks to see if you want a modified file to be saved before selecting New or Open
- Compiled to display Speed Buttons with new or old versions of Microsoft Common Controls (comctl32.dll)
Updates in Version: 980811
Upgraded BKBox routine:
- Added +/- Deviations from Mean and Median
- Added checkbox to write original values to output
- Display number of lines in output
- Increased size limit of output
Added And/Or Capability to Process If for increased flexibility
- Alt-X removed from exiting program in Main Menu
Fixed Errors in t-Test calculations with "df from MSE"