Cutting Copying and Pasting
To Cut Text
- Select Text.
- Do one of the following:
- Select menu items Edit|Cut
- Right Click the Mouse Button and Select Cut from the Pop-up Menu
To Copy Text
- Select Text.
- Do one of the following
- Select menu items Edit|Copy
- Right Click the Mouse Button and Select Copy from the Pop-up Menu
To Paste Text
Do one of the following:
- Select menu items Edit|Paste
- Right Click the Mouse Button and Select Paste from the Pop-up Menu
Notes on Selected Text
A number of possibilities may occur with Selected text:
- If you have a single value in the Clipboard, this value will be copied to all selected cells.
- If you have a row of data in the Clipboard, this row will be copied down each selected row, starting with first selected column.
- If you have a column of data in the Clipboard, this column will be copied across all selected columns, starting with the first selected row.
If you do not have selected text, the contents of the Clipboard will be copied at the current selected cell.
If the pasted text has more rows or columns than the current Grid size, the Grid will expand to fit the data.
The data editor parses each string in the Clipboard text to find numbers. These numbers may be separated by any nonnumeric characters except "E".
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting use the Windows Clipboard. This allows you to move data within the editor as well as copy data to and from a word processor or spreadsheet.